Jane Whitaker, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
3418 South Wakefield Street
Arlington, VA 22206
- Were you mistreated or neglected as a child?
- Are you having difficulty overcoming childhood physical, emotional, or sexual abuse?
- Are you having repeated memories or dreams of earlier painful events or sometimes feel they are happening all over again?
- Do you avoid situations and activities that remind you of the trauma?
- Do you get triggered but do not understand how to change your reactions?
- Do you often feel unsafe and guarded? Do you startle easily?
Therapy can help you make sense of what happened and to remember without becoming overwhelmed. You can learn to soothe yourself, create safety, trust yourself, and have successful relationships.
I have extensive experience working with people who have had painful childhood experiences of physical, sexual, or emotional abuse, and with people who have been affected by neglect in childhood.
Call or email to schedule an appointment or for more information.