Jane Whitaker, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
3418 South Wakefield Street
Arlington, VA 22206
- Are you having difficulty getting out of bed in the morning?
- Have you lost interest in activities you used to enjoy?
- Do you have trouble sleeping?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating or making decisions?
These and more symptoms listed below are signs of depression. Your symptoms may vary from mild to severe, and getting help can bring relief in a short time.
Symptoms of depression include:
- Persistent sad, anxious or "empty" feelings
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness and/or helplessness
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details and making decisions
- Insomnia, early–morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Overeating, or appetite loss
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
Call or email to schedule an appointment or for more information.
Read about depression on the NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) website.